Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day One of The Plan

After I weighed myself I drank 16oz of water with lemon and took the liver cleanse capsules.  Then I figured out how much water I had to drink.  According to "The Plan", for every two lbs you weigh you drink an ounce of water (there's an example at the end of this post).   Along with that you are not suppose to drink 45 min before or after you eat AND you are suppose to finish all your water by 7:30PM.   

Day One Plan

After I woke up:
  • I weighed myself
  • Drank 16oz of water with lemon
  • Took my liver supplement
Breakfast:

Lunch:
  • Carrot Ginger Soup with sunflower seeds
  • Steamed Broccoli with orange oil (organic orange rind soaked in olive oil) and lemon juice
You're allowed mixed greens with 1/2 a pear and pumpkin seeds, however, I was full so I skipped it.

Dinner:
  • Shredded carrots & beet (2 carrots and a third of a small beet)
  • 3 cups Sautéed baby kale with Shitake and Spicy Coco Sauce
  • Pumpkin Seeds
I added Cayenne pepper, cumin  ginger and cinnamon to the carrots and beets.  I wanted to add lemon juice, honey and golden raisins too, however, since this was the cleanse I didn't stray from the recipe in the book. 

The market didn't have fresh Shitake so i bought dried, soaked them in hot water, drained them and used the water to stir fry the kale.  It came out delicious.  Yes, it could be because the Spicy Coco Sauce is amazing, however, drizzling it with garlic infused oil and lemon juice would also be yummy.

Snack:
  • Small Apple
Doubled everything you make for today because tomorrow is the same menu except for some minor changes.  The hardest part of the day was drinking water.  By the time i went to bed I still had 4 glasses of water I hadn't drunk and I drank my last glass at 10:30 pm.   I am not sure if I will see any weight loss.

How Much Water Should You Drink?
For every two lbs you weigh you drink an ounce of water

Weight = 192 lbs
Divided in half = 96 ounces (there are 8 ounces in a cup of water)
Divide by 8 = 12  (12 cups of water)
Total = 12 cups of water a day.

Spicy Coco Sauce (I'm writing this from memory so it might be off)
Combine a chopped onion, 3 cloves of chopped garlic and a can of full fat coconut milk in a sauce pan and bring it to a simmer.  Cook it for 5 minutes and then add a heaping Tablespoon of brown sugar, ½ teaspoon of sea salt and cumin, a ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.  Simmer this for 20 minutes.  Serving size is an ⅛ cup.  Be careful it's addictive.




10 comments:

Sue said...

I'm on Day 4 now, but Day 1 was tough. I started over the weekend just in case I got sick and I'm glad I did. I spent Saturday on the couch, only getting up to eat. I was headachy, tired, and my face was really hot. Sunday was much better. I lost 3.4 pounds by the morning of Day 2, though, so it was worth it.

LaurelJ said...

Thank you for doing this. I'm starting Day 1, and I find your blog is so much easier than flipping all over the book.

Ren said...

Hi Sue,

How did you end up doing overall? Are you still on the plan?

Unknown said...

I am planning to start The Plan in February--than you so much for your blog, this is so much easier than flipping back and forth through the book! I will be using your blog daily!

Page's Page said...

Hi Sue,

I'm starting The Plan tomorrow. Really appreciate your blog, it's broken down to layman terms. Thank you, looking forward to getting healthy.

Unknown said...

Hi all! I'm getting set up to start the plan tomorrow! I was looking on Lauren's blog here and clicked on the three day shopping list and meal prep, and nothing came up! Is it somewhere else? I get really confused flipping around the book and online. It seems each page is saying something different, or gives a lot more choices than I can handle. THANKS and glad to be here!

Unknown said...

Never mind, I found it!

Tami said...

Day 2 on the plan. I got very sleepy yesterday and today after eating breakfast. I think I am reacting to the flax. Glad I found this blog!

Unknown said...

Planning on starting but I need to know if anyone is aware how to substitute items because I’m FM, fructose Malabsorption. I can not incorporate foods such as apples, pears, beets.... where can I go to see how to substitute??? Thanks

Christine said...

Hello, I am so interested in doing this but I have hypoglycemia with severe symptoms if I don't eat every 2-3 hours! Also, I just don't get the satiety from only soup or veggies. Has anyone with hypoglycemia tried this with success? How did your body recact? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated...thanks!