Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day Fourteen: Test New Breakfast Addition (or Milk)

Yesterday I lost .2 lb bring my weight loss to 12.1lbs.  The plan says anything less than half a pound is a reactivity, however, I not positive my reaction was to the egg or if it was due to one of the following:
- Eating eggs
- I have a cold
- I didn't eat enough calories yesterday, I'm sick and didn't feel well enough to eat or cook
- near a "set point", I'm a few pounds away from a weight I was for a long period of time

I'll put eggs on my test again list for Phase 3.  Next time I will test a single egg instead of two like I did yesterday.  Eggs are a hard thing for me to give up because they are included in so many recipes as a binder.  I choose an egg to test because its something I enjoy eating for breakfast or dinner and it was a way for me to test a breakfast item but also an animal protein. 

I veered away from the book yesterday so here are the highlights.
  • For breakfast test a new breakfast item or whole or lactose-free milk.  
  • For lunch Roasted Italian Winter Vegetables (1 cup women, 2-3 men) on a bed of spinach with goat cheese.  Rye cracker with Homemade Hummus (1 cracker for women and two for me).
  • Snack is an approved fruit (1/2 for women and a whole for men) and a small hand full of raw almonds. 
  • Diner is any approved protein,  leftover salad from dinner on Day 13, and sauteed zucchini with basil, lemon oil, 1 Tablespoon grated Manchego.  
  • Dessert as always is 1 ounce of dark chocolate or cinnamon poached fruit with whipping cream.
Here is what I ate for the day:

Breakfast
  • Butternut squash soup with pumpkin seeds
Dinner
  • Mixed green salad with cranberries, avocado and pumpkin seeds
  • Two egg omelet with sauteed garlic, spinach, shitaki mushrooms, shallots, and Manchago cheese
Dessert
  • 1 ounce of dark chocolate

No comments: