Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day Six on The Plan - Protein Test

Day Six on The Plan - Protein Test

A little over six months ago I started the plan and made it successfully through five days. On the sixth day I didn't follow the plan and instead of doing a reset day like I planned I ended up quitting.  While visiting my family in New Jersey last week my sister suggested we go on "The Lyn-Genet Plan" together. 

The second time around has been so much easier because I knew what to expect and had someone to share the cooking and shopping with.

I'm down 8lbs and feeling great.  I'm going to Costco's to pick up steak for dinner.  I'm planning on doing some tasting at Costco's, like I did at Whole Foods on this day, but this time I am prepared with the proper food to eat the following day if the scale moves in the wrong direction.

After I wake up:
  • Weigh myself
  • Drink 16oz of water with lemon
Breakfast 
  • 1 cup of flax granola with ½ a pear and a cup of Silk Coconut Milk
Lunch
  • Baby romaine with leftover zucchini, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds
  • 1 rye cracker with 2 tablespoons of homemade hummus

Dinner
  • Steak
  • Roasted butternut squash and sauteed kale topped with grated Manchego cheese
Snack
  • ½ an apple and small handful of raw almonds
Dessert
  • 1 ounce of dark chocolate
The approved proteins to test today are beef, lamb, beans, fish and eggs.  You can learn more about testing proteins on my Animal Protein post.

No comments: