Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day Eighteen: Test a New Restaurant

Yesterday I gained 3.3lbs bring my weight loss to 10.5lbs. I was expecting to gain weight but not that much. I've read that it takes 3,500 calories to gain or lose a pound, if that's true then I would of had to of consumed over 12,000 calories yesterday.  That didn't happen.  Most likely I had a reaction to one of the foods I had for dinner.  No worries, I'll lose the weight I gained by Wednesday.

I veered away from the book yesterday so here are the highlights of what I was suppose to have had:
  • For breakfast one of the following:
    • flax granola with approved fruit
    • flax granola with approved cereal and approved fruit
    • smoothie with chia seeds and rye cracker with nut butter (1 cracker women, 2 cracker men)
  • For lunch spicy chickpea spinach salad and butternut squash soup.
  • Snack is salt free potato chips and guacamole (1oz & 1/8 cup women, 1.5oz & 1/4 cup men)
  • Diner is one of the following:
    • Test a restaurant
    • Any approved protein, any salad, test a new cooked vegetable
  • Dessert is creme brulee, chocolate deserts, biscotti, or fruit with whipped cream shared with a dining companion.
Here is what I ate for the day:

Breakfast 
  • Brown rice cereal with almonds, cranberries, and agave
Dinner 
  • Two pieces of bread
  • Veal Parmesan (half) and1/2 cup rigatoni noodles with meat sauce
  • Arugula salad 
Snack
  • 4 ounce of salt-free potato chips
Dessert
  • Tiramisu (shared with three others)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What was it like eating out for the first time in 18 days?

Ren said...

Yummy :). It's a mind game. I was originally going to eat plan safe food but I really wanted to pasta and tomato sauce. I decided to enjoy dinner and just had to keep telling the negative voice in my head to shut up and not worry because I will lose the weight in a few days.

It was also much easier to do it on day 18 than day 8 because typically when I would go off my diet I wouldn't want to go back on because I didn't like what I was eating.

By now I have some very yummy things I can eat and still lose weight so I ate my favorite non reactive dinner the day afterward and didn't feel deprived.